Abilia Lightwriter SL50
Clear, natural communication that is always ready to talk!
Lightwriter SL50 has been designed to be the best dedicated text-to-speech device for literate users who are unable to communicate effectively through speech.
With a Lightwriter you can participate in social interactions while at work or during leisure time, even in noisy, sunny outdoor or poorly lit environments.
Every part of the Lightwriter SL50 has been designed specifically for purpose. From the dual screens and loud clear speakers, to the user interface and word prediction - everything is focused on delivering your speech as effectively as possible. So, no more compromises, no more distractions, just clear, fast effective communication at the press of a button.
Highlights of Value and Functionality
• Easy to use, fast and dedicated keyboard-based
(text-to-speech) device for literate users
• Communicate efficiently either through face-to-face
communication, SMS texting, or mobile phone calls
• It can be used both by typing the keys and by scanning with 1 or 2
• Fast start-up and simple to use menu interface
• Personalized vocabulary for quicker communication
• Connect to a mobile phone using Bluetooth
• High quality Acapela voices or My Own Voice input
• Simple ‘plug and play’ 1-switch or 2-switch scanning
• Dual displays and outward facing speaker
• Backlit screens and keys which automatically adjust to different
• Remote software
New for the Lightwriter SL50
• Fast start-up
• User ’Structured’ Menus
• Backlit colour display
• Plug and Play Scanning
• Backlit keyboard
• Fast charge (4 hours) and all day battery life
• Weight 740g (>100g lighter)
• Remote SW updates via Ethernet port
• A selection of Acapela voices and import of new voices including
• Import of personalized vocabularies
• Mobile phone and SMS (via Bluetooth)